This is so simple! With our Double Melt Away Steak, the idea is to season butter and let it flavor your steak as it melts. And when the tender meat melts in your mouth, it’s like having a double treat.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 strip steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, garlic, onion powder, and parsley; mix well. Place down the center of a 12-inch-square piece of wax paper and roll into a 1-inch-thick log. Wrap tightly and refrigerate about 1 hour, or until firm.
- Sprinkle each side of steak evenly with salt and pepper. Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook steaks 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium doneness, or to desired doneness. Melt a slice of herbed butter over each steak and serve immediately.