Easy Pot Sticker Soup
The results were delicious. Rice vinegar provides just the right tang, and the green onions and carrots add color. Stir in chopped cabbage or bok choy if you’d like. A little sesame oil goes a long way, but you can always add a bit more.
- 1/2 pound Chinese or napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chicken pot stickers
- Crispy chow mein noodles, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 9 ingredients. Stir in broth. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 5-6 hours. Add pot stickers; cook, covered, on high until heated through, 15-20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chow mein noodles before serving.
1-1/3 cups: 198 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1302mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.