Garlicky Shrimp Alfredo Bake
Spread the love
Shrimp tossed in an easy from-scratch Alfredo sauce and penne and baked until you have cheesy goodness.
- 12 oz. penne
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. raw medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. milk (preferably whole or 2%)
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes (2 large)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add garlic, shrimp, and parsley and season with salt. Cook until shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and let melt, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes, and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add another splash of milk if mixture is too thick.)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan and bake until melty, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.