What’s ooey and gooey and full of creamy, buttery flavor? Our Ooey Gooey Butter Cake recipe, of course! This gooey butter cake recipe is drop-everything delicious: when they see you set this butter cake out, they’re going to drop everything and run for a piece! And the best part? You don’t have to make this gooey butter cake from scratch, because our recipe comes with a shortcut! Who knew you could make such a delicious version of Missouri gooey butter cake right in your own kitchen?
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 egg. Lightly press mixture into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, the remaining eggs, the vanilla, and remaining butter. Slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar until thoroughly mixed. Spread mixture over batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden on top. Make sure not to overbake; center should be a little gooey.